127 Cub Cadet High-Crop Project

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Re: 127 Cub Cadet High-Crop Project

Postby alabama mike » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Jim do you have any problems with the internal brakes stopping Brutus? looks like you have alot of rolling mass to stop, This is another area I'm undecided on, since I'll be running standard cub rear rim's and tires I wasn't sure if the internal brake would stop it, I was looking at adapting the regular cub brake bands.
Disabled vet, desert shield/storm vet, proud to have served!

582,682, 122, 154 lo-boy, international 244
alabama mike

Zip Code: 35057
Tractors Owned: 582,682, 154 lo-boy, international 244, JD 316, JD 318

Re: 127 Cub Cadet High-Crop Project

Postby JimT » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 pm

alabama mike wrote:Jim do you have any problems with the internal brakes stopping Brutus?

Been to DSCF for the past 3 days. But no I do not have any problems with the brakes. It has an internal wet brake and it works good. It will lock the tires up if I need it to. I can stop in going up or down loading ramps. Brutus weighs about 1020 lbs. It is a little heavy. You shouldn't have any problems with the internal wet brake with the F-Cub tires on it. As long as the brake parts are good. Good luck with your project. Remember post pictures.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.
JimT
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Previous

Return to Cub Cadet Forum