This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Model 70 transmission

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Model 70 transmission

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:51 am

I am helping my brother in law with his cadet, it is stuck in gear, how do you get access to the transmission.
I need to remove the transmission shifter to see what the problem is.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:35 pm

You need to split the tractor. Disconnect the drive shaft, remove the seat mount that bolts to the frame rails, remove the 3 bolts on each side that bolt the transaxle to the frame, and roll it out (with some effort). Then you can get the top plate off. This is a simplified set of instructions, but I would recommend you get the manuals for the model. They can be had from Cub Cadet dealers or from Binder Books, http://www.binderbooks.com

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, I would get the manual for sure if the cadet was mine.
I think the clutch is stuck also, it looks like the shift fork may have been bent or broke when he tried to change gears w/o it disengaging.

Return to “Cub Cadet”