This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CC105 Wiring

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

CC105 Wiring

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu May 06, 2010 8:39 pm

I have searched past topics where someone else was having problems with wiring on I think there 105 and someone came up with the answer of someone taking out the cigarette lighter and installing a push button. I have the same situation and can't seam to get it wired right to trip the solenoid. also my Voltage regulator isn't working. Maybe some one will recall that post and or know how it was rewired. Thank you in advance. Jack

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: CC105 Wiring

Postby Eugene » Thu May 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 pm

I checked that and that is how it should be. w/switch that also turns over. Mine has the switch that turns the power on and a button to turn it over where the cigarette lighter was.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 am

Jack Donovan wrote:I have searched past topics where someone else was having problems with wiring on I think there 105 and someone came up with the answer of someone taking out the cigarette lighter and installing a push button. I have the same situation and can't seam to get it wired right to trip the solenoid. also my Voltage regulator isn't working. Maybe some one will recall that post and or know how it was rewired. Thank you in advance. Jack

It sounds to me like you have an Original that has a starter button on the pedestal and they don't have a solenoid like all the rest of the Cub Cadets. If you have a 105 you want to get a correct switch and wire it like the wiring diagram. The S/G can also be bad and not charging. If you have it running and take the positive wire off the battery and it quits running it usually the VR but that dosen't eliminate the S/G from being bad.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri May 07, 2010 8:28 am

There is no way we can help you solve wiring problems created by a prior owner, specially when we can't see them. The best advice is to buy the correct switches and a new wiring harness (or make a new harness as per the wiring diagram). You can find the wiring diagram here, http://ihregistry.com/wire/C12.pdf The wiring harness in some of the earlier models of Cub Cadets are known problem areas because of wire corrosion and the breakdown of the wire insulation. One source of new wiring harness is Mike LaMar, rustypete@integrity.com . Another is http://www.ccspecialties.org/

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon May 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks Guy's, with the wiring diagram I can at least put it back to original. I tested the switch and it didn't carry power when turned to start. A little latter with lots of cleaning i got it to work. So now o will eliminate the push button and wire according to the diagram and everything should work. Many thanks Jack

Return to “Cub Cadet”