This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nubie here

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cessna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15068

Nubie here

Postby Cessna » Thu May 06, 2010 9:21 pm

tonight I was given an old Cub Cadet. I did not see any model number on the hood. There are numbers on the transmission. The tractor did not have an engine. I believe the original motor was a Kohler about 8 HP. The seat is metal without any cushioning I would appreciate any help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Nubie here

Postby Eugene » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Welcome.

Look at the top of the Cub Cadet forum page. There is a listing for CC resources and a welcome letter.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Nubie here

Postby wdeturck » Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 am

Cessna wrote:tonight I was given an old Cub Cadet. I did not see any model number on the hood. There are numbers on the transmission. The tractor did not have an engine. I believe the original motor was a Kohler about 8 HP. The seat is metal without any cushioning I would appreciate any help.

Was the hood repainted? if it has a decal that reads CUB CADET with International between you have a Cub Cadet(that is the model) that most people call Originals that were the first Cub Cadet made 1961 to 1963. The SN will be stamped on the reduction housing on the right side in front of the transmission(sometimes hard to read because of paint. The short frame will bolt right to the transmission and the Engine was a K-161 7 HP and would be driven by a belt. Any other model are narrow frames and have a drive shaft and should have a 2 dgit 7x or 3 digit 1xx model number decal on the hood.

There is a model 72 but the tag would have a SN and the 110 isn't part of it or if you found the stamped number it would be SN 11072 which is an Original.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”