This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

782 International

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tarheelj23
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21208

782 International

Postby tarheelj23 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 am

Hello!

I have my grandfather's old 782 International Cub Cadet and it is in very good shape and runs. I have had people inquire about buying it but I haven’t a clue on how much it is worth. Is this something a collector would be interested in? Could anyone offer any insight on this model. If you think it would be helpful I can post pictures. The tractor has a large bagging system for it with an independent motor, but I have removed this from the tractor for now.

Thank you for your time!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 782 International

Postby gitractorman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

The 782 is a great machine, but there were a TON of them built, so it is not a really highly collected model. People that have them, love them, and there are a few people always looking for them, but there are LOTS of them around. If it is in excellent condition, you may get $1000 to $1500 for it, but it would have to run and look like new. If it looks like 30-years old, normal wear and tear, but still runs great, you might be in the $750 range.

One thing to watch on the 782s is the KT-17 engine is known to not lubricate evenly, and leads to breaking one connecting rod. The engine will still run, and actually sound pretty good, but if you engage the PTO, it will kill the engine. They are notorious for this, so it is not something to hide.

Now, if it is a 782D with the 17-hp Kubota diesel engine in it, then you have a real collectors item. Few were built, and they are somewhat hard to find now, but the Kubota engine will outlast the rest of the tractor. Everybody wants them, so they bring big money.
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

dhermesc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 782 International

Postby dhermesc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:51 pm

$600 to $1000 just for the tractor. I watched one sell on Saturday that was in decent shape, but the previous owner had made a "cab" frame out of scrap metal and bolted it to the fenders then painted the frame black (getting a fair amount of black paint on the red fenders). He then wired extra lights to the frame tapping into the existing wiring without any reguard as to what he was tapping into or how it looked. It sold for a $1000 even with the 44" deck and a large snow blower. The guy that bought it didn't want the snow blower and I might get it for $200.

This was an older 782 built by IH and not MTD. Most of the Cubs that have had the engine replaced with the better (marginally) Kohler series II engine have the "Series II" sticker proudly displayed on the engine - this one did not.
Freedom is for those that claim it.

Return to “Cub Cadet”