This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1250 Cadet, original engine?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

1250 Cadet, original engine?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:17 pm

My next door neighbor just gave me his old 1250 Cadet.

The poor old machine has been used and abused over the years. Just last week, my neighbor's Lexus (Toyota) decided to have an unintended acceleration straight into his garage! The Cadet got mashed between the car and the wall, and was jammed up against the wall so tight we couldn't move it by hand. I ended up dragging it out on the end of a chain with the Super A.

Is the engine original? I ask this because there's no starter/generator like I'm used to seeing. It's got a conventional Bendix style starter like a much newer Kohler. The engine is black, not yellow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dhermesc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 1250 Cadet, original engine?

Postby dhermesc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:47 pm

The 1250 used a Bendix style starter and the engine was black. If all the exhaust sheilds are in place I don't think you can get a starter generator setup to work - I know you can't get one to work with the side sheilds in place.

Even damaged nothing beats free.
Freedom is for those that claim it.

Return to “Cub Cadet”