Belt part numbers and size info.....

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Belt part numbers and size info.....

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 am

If you go to; http://www.cortlandmower.com/cub_cadet_belts.htm if you schroll down the garden tractor part numbers for the S/G, the PTO and the mower Deck belts are listed. This gives you a part number for your belts that go on your cub cadet model.

Now you go to; http://www.outdoordistributors.com/ Click on "C" for cub cadet and punch in the part number for your belt and the width and length plus the price will come up. I find these guys to have a good price too on CC new parts.

I also go to http://www.partstree.com for part numbers and then go to outdoor distributors for a price. I believe that parts tree is a middleman for parts plus they don't stock parts so it takes a longtime to get them. I once waited almost 6 months for parts, i believe they forgot about me. I printed out the cortland mower belt list too so i have it on hand. We need to start a folder on part numbers as a back up to the puter. I do it because one of my old puters locked up and all my info was lost. Its good to have a back up.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Re: Belt part numbers and size info.....

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Your local autoparts store has cross references from OEM belt number to their part number.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Belt part numbers and size info.....

Postby BigBill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Eugene wrote:Your local autoparts store has cross references from OEM belt number to their part number.

My local NAPA at my new town/place isn't too helpful when it comes to tractor belts. In my old town the NAPA was very helpful and got me every belt i needed. I did notice the guys at the new place were too busy BS'ing to stop and real;ly help me out. I was sorry for butt'ing in for a belt. Again the business's aren't doing well for a reason sometimes. My point is my $$$ are good anywhere.

I went into a local popular snowplow shop too for 5/8" plow pins after a snowstorm once. The guy there was BS'ing with some others and shouted at me that i had a better chance to getting waited on at kmart than in there shop. I told him my money is good anywhere and walked out. I went home and grabbed some 5/8" stock ands made my own plow hitch pins.

My point is now i avoid the BS and either make or buy what i want from the internet its less insulting too. I always thought that customers were first??? I try to buy as much off the net now as i can too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Return to Cub Cadet Forum