This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine Question

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Engine Question

Postby JimT » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi guys,

Will the engine in a 147 bolt into a 109? I may have the chance to get a 147. Also the owner says it has an electric lift on it. How much is the lift worth if I was to sell it? He stated that it has wheel weights too.

Thanks.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Engine Question

Postby BigBill » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 pm

It should. Is there any difference in the hydro tranny's inside for the higher hp engines? I would think there all the same.

I was thinking about putting a 14hp AQS engine into my 1200 but i changed my mind because i have an extra 108 sitting here. I just received the cub cadet 148 decals from ebay. These are made for the pullers who use the 14hp in the standard tranny's. I kind of like the kohler AQS engine with the charging stator over the engines with the S/G. To me the 108 and 1200 design seems more comfortable to use to me anyway. I feel kind of cramped on the smaller frames.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:22 pm

The engine will bolt in, and the hydro is the same. The electric lift, if it works, will sell for $150-$250 including the rock shaft. It is not uncommon to find the electric lifts with the internal drive gear broken, which means the lift doesn't work, and parts to repair them are getting hard to find. The electric lift would mount on the outside of the frame on a narrow frame, and it mounts on the inside of the frame on the few wide frame models it was available on.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks guys. Going to go look at it and most likely buy it tomorrow. I guess with the parts it has on it $150.00 will be a good price. The PO stated that he has put a new battery in it recently and within the past year has put a new starter/generator on it. Even if the engine isn't any good it will be worth it for the parts. He says it runs without smoking be to him the engine is noisy. Stated he has been using it for the past 3 years to pull a small wagon around the yard with rocks and dirt in the wagon now and then.

Thanks again.
JimT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:45 pm

If the engine isn't good rebuild it. I been thinking with the higher horsepower kohlers to add hydraulics with them too. If its just going to be a tractor then we can add a 3pt hitch and a hydraulic snowplow. :{_}:

Its tough for me to get on and off the tractor to turn the plow. I'm really thinking about down the road if i make it longer like into my 60's and 70's. I want to still use the tractors if i can. Life is a struggle now sometimes and its only going to worsen. Its time now to plan for our old age with fabricating equipment so our life will be simpler to still get things done. I want less dependance on my kids to get things done too. BB
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Well I bought the 147 today. Went and looked at it and drove it. When we first started it there was an lawful racket coming from the engine area. I started looking and seen the front pto linkage shacking around. I disengaged the PTO and the noise stopped. There was no button on the linkage and the PTO was making the linkage rattle side to side. The engine sounds real good now and there was no smoke coming from it. I will be able to use this engine in the 109. Just have to take it out, clean it up, paint it, and put it in the 109. Still got it for the $150 even after I stopped the engine noise. The electric lift works on it and it has the rear lift piece with brackets on the rear. There is also a guard around the electric lift so your leg will not touch the lift. Looks like a factory guard so I checked the part manual and it does show the guard. It does have a new battery in it. The starter/generator is about a year old. The hydro works good and sounds good. No noised coming out of it and appears to be solid. Drove it around a little when I got it home. It does have the wheel weights on the rear. I guess after taking the engine out I will have some parts to sell. Overall I am very pleased with the tractor for what I am going to be using it for.
JimT

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Glad it worked out for you. Oh, one other thing, for $150 you didn't buy it...........you stole it :lol:

Return to “Cub Cadet”