Original headlights

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I recently bout an old original, Not running. Well after some time I have it running and ready for new paint almost,LOL
Anyway,I noticed on the grill housing, The Cast part, One hole drilled and taped on each side. I was thinking they were for headlights, It has a HL pull switch. But after searching Epay, I see all the lights have 2bolt holes in the brackets. What do you guys think these holes are for? :?

Re: Original headlights

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Nothing that IH built or sold that I am aware of, but unless you know the history of the tractor, there is no way of knowing what a PO might have done or added over the years.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 pm

They were most likely a set of lights that had threads to mount and the switch most likely isn't IH.

If you E-mail me at wdeturck@gmail.com I will send you a copy of the light installation which has the IH switch number on it. The lights on the Original were only used on some IH combines so you may run across white, yellow and red that are correct

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I agree w/you guy's. I just thought that by some chance there were lights that I didn't know about such as the full size cub.
That's what it looks like that was in there. Thanks all