This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I painted it RED

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

I painted it RED

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks to Jeff and Eugene, I managed to get my lever for the Snow/dirt scrape blade completed this weekend.

I'd originally thought of painting it black so that it would stand out in case I lost it in the snow. Then, after thinking, "You know, if you lose it on grass or on the pavement, that black would blend right in." :shock: :oops: :censored: So much for all that work and labor to make this thing.

So, I again thought about the fluorescent orange scheme, and looked for paint I already had on hand. Ah, ha! I had already pretty much finished up with the Farmall Cub restoration, and found some red paint I had left over.

I still wanted something that would stand out in case the lever was dropped, but also something that would blend in well with the current color scheme. Well, red goes well with white (IH 935) and it goes with black, as well as with yellow. So, red it is.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the finished angling lever: Image Image

Thanks Jeff and Eugene for all your help. This project is coming along very nicely. Now, I need to reorder my IH logo that goes on the bracket for the 42" Snow/Scrape blade.

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Re: I painted it RED

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

That sure is a fine looking lever...It looks like it came right out of the factory!! Good job :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Why thank you for the compliments Dave. I just followed the lead of Jeff and Eugene. I'm happy with the results myself. :D
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Bright colors are good for snow when losing them. When i was working for AMC (cars) and we took on the jeeps at our dealership i told the parts guy to order a case of plow pins. During the first winter selling jeeps we also sold plenty of extra plow pins.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm

SundaySailor wrote:Why thank you for the compliments Dave. I just followed the lead of Jeff and Eugene. I'm happy with the results myself. :D

Turned out great. Glad I could help :D

Jeff

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

I have a paint it red story for you.

I rebuild a gravely tractor that was yellow with a kolher engine. The next years model was painted red so its a newer model of course but its the same machine in red. Even though my yellow tractor was restored and running awesome every buyer who looked at it said oh its not red? I had many lookers say the samething. I looked at my son and said they want it red? So red will it be!!!!!!! I took out the rattle cans and painted it red, before the paint was hard another buyer looked at it and bought it even before the paint could dry i sold it because it was red. That was around 25 years ago. To this day my son says you want it red? We'll make it red!!!! Then we both laugh about it. Things we do get burned into our minds and we never forget.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”