This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kohler Kt17

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dluba
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16441
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub w/ 1000 loader
1812 Cub Cadet

Kohler Kt17

Postby Dluba » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Has anybody put a series II crank into a series I engine? I got a bad crank on a KT 17 engine and I found series II cranks on Ebay.

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Kohler Kt17

Postby Paul B » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

I have not tried it, but it is my understanding it is not just a simple case of swaping one for the other, I suppose it has to do with the different lubrication system of the two engines. If you try it, and buy a crank from a Series II somewhere, be aware the parts manual list 18 different part numbers for the Series I crankshafts, and 10 for the Series II engines, so they are not all the same. It is also my understanding that because of the problems with the original KT17, after the Series II engines were available, Kohler did not reccommend rebuilding a Series I engine. Good luck.

Dluba
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16441
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub w/ 1000 loader
1812 Cub Cadet

Re: Kohler Kt17

Postby Dluba » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 am

Thank for looking at the parts listing for me. I will just rebuild with the series I and watch the oil level and stay off the slopes.

Return to “Cub Cadet”