This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Reversed jump start

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pickme12345
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08848

Reversed jump start

Postby pickme12345 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 am

:evil: Just welded mower deck. Jump started cub cadet worked fine. Wife wanted to use it next and jump started it and came and asked if spark was good. We told her yes that means you have a connection from the truck. She then said but now i get nothing. checked and she had the connections reversed! Now i get nothing. I can jump to the starter and it wants to start but won't.Wondering if she blew anything that has to do with the pto. Help Please. She will ruin the other mower next. :help: this is a 1550
Last edited by pickme12345 on Sun May 22, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Reversed jump start

Postby wdeturck » Sun May 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Not knowing the model we don't know what starting and if it's a coil or magneto to get spark. Putting cables om reversed :oops: can never be good and worse when done by a woman. She also might have welded your deck :lol:
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

pickme12345
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pickme12345 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 am

pickme12345 wrote::evil: Just welded mower deck. Jump started cub cadet worked fine. Wife wanted to use it next and jump started it and came and asked if spark was good. We told her yes that means you have a connection from the truck. She then said but now i get nothing. checked and she had the connections reversed! Now i get nothing. I can jump to the starter and it wants to start but won't.Wondering if she blew anything that has to do with the pto. Help Please. She will ruin the other mower next. :help: this is a 1550

Waited for help but it never came. Took it apart and went at it with a volt meter and found a blown fuse. No one on this site knew that. Strange. I guess I know more than the so called experts on this site.
:mrgreen:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 am

Everyone was waiting for you to post a reply to wdeturk's question about the tractor model. Nobody is going to waste their time rereading your original post to see if you edited the additional information into the original question. You had the attention of one of the most knowledgible Cub Cadet people in the country. Editing the posts to try to make him look dumb is not the way to get help, nor is your snide follow up post. I wouldn't brag on managing to find a blown fuse if it took me two weeks.

Try putting in a good battery before either you or your wife end up hurting yourselves.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 am

I'm not familair at all with the 1550. Heck i just learned about the narrow frames and the wide frames and still learning.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:02 am

Jim Becker wrote:Everyone was waiting for you to post a reply to wdeturk's question about the tractor model. Nobody is going to waste their time rereading your original post to see if you edited the additional information into the original question. You had the attention of one of the most knowledgible Cub Cadet people in the country. Editing the posts to try to make him look dumb is not the way to get help, nor is your snide follow up post. I wouldn't brag on managing to find a blown fuse if it took me two weeks.

Try putting in a good battery before either you or your wife end up hurting yourselves.

Well said Jim. Thats why I like this site, Rarely do we see this type of post. A few sites are like that but we play nice here. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

pickme12345
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pickme12345 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:12 am

Jim Becker wrote:Everyone was waiting for you to post a reply to wdeturk's question about the tractor model. Nobody is going to waste their time rereading your original post to see if you edited the additional information into the original question. You had the attention of one of the most knowledgible Cub Cadet people in the country. Editing the posts to try to make him look dumb is not the way to get help, nor is your snide follow up post. I wouldn't brag on managing to find a blown fuse if it took me two weeks.

Two people at the mower shops told me to check the fuse without model numbers just knowing it was a cub cadet. When I told trhem I did they said replace it anyway. I was looking at the fuse for the lighter. When I delved deeper with the volt ohm meter I found the blown 20 amp fuse. Very easy troubleshoot and fix if you know what your doing. Battery was the first thing I replaced.

pickme12345
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pickme12345 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 am

It took me 15 minutes to find and fix. My mistake was waiting for help here for two weeks. I have a farm and there is alot of work to do. I also have 2 other mowers and a cutting deck for the atv so it was'nt priority one. 2 different places that when I told them the problem they immediately said the fuse is blown. No model number no nothing but cub cadet. I once went to a cub cadet dealer for repair. He wanted 750.00 to fix and tune. I took my tractor and never went back. I guess there is some kind of cub cadet sorority. I repair it myself now but this problem was strange to me I thought she blew the pto switch. Easy fix. Someone should have known regardless of model #. If you asked me a question about nortel bcm voip I know I could give you an answer because I do it for a living. So don't get your panties in a bunch. Very easy problem if you know cub cadets.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm

:roll: :roll:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm

I believe you will find there are a few people here that know about real Cub Cadets. Since the site is geared to the Cub Cadets built by International Harvester, it does make a difference what model it was. IH built Cub Cadets do not have a "fuse" on the starting system, nor do they use jump starting as a way of starting them. They were shaft driven Garden Tractors, and most people don't consider the low end, belt driven lawn tractors made by MTD and sold at the big box stores, true Cub Cadets, regardless of what name is on them......

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Paul B wrote:I believe you will find there are a few people here that know about real Cub Cadets. Since the site is geared to the Cub Cadets built by International Harvester, it does make a difference what model it was. IH built Cub Cadets do not have a "fuse" on the starting system, nor do they use jump starting as a way of starting them. They were shaft driven Garden Tractors, and most people don't consider the low end, belt driven lawn tractors made by MTD and sold at the big box stores, true Cub Cadets, regardless of what name is on them......

Didn't take me long to figure out that my 1282 was NOT a real CC. I like it though but prefer my 106. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Cub Cadet”