This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Scary things are happening...

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Scary things are happening...

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:33 pm

I was mowing with my 108 cadet today and she has been running great since i fixed the clutch spring. The last time out it sputtered then it cleared and ran ok. Today it sputtered and stalled and it won't restart. We opened up the hood and the spark plug wire was off the sparkplug. No biggie right? Not!!!! the little thimble on the top of the sparkplug unscrewed from the vibration and the pulg wire popped off with the thible inside it. Its a weird thing to have happen??? One quick pit stop/fix and she finished cutting again. I never seen that before...... :{_}:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Scary things are happening...

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:01 pm

When you chased off the coyotes, the gremlins moved in. :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 pm

I've seen it. It seems to happen more if the clip crimped on the end of the wire has been pinched tighter than normal onto the nut.

nut = the little thimble on the top of the sparkplug

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Thats why the Old timers always saved there old plug and kept it in the tool box, They just screwed the old plug into the wire a turn or two, gave a pull, and out it came. ready to reinstall :lol: :lol: I don't know but it sounded good :idea:

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Yup i remember saving the old tops of the sparkplugs too. I have some sparkplugs that unscrew, there two piece so they can be cleaned. I may give them to the auto museum in wells maine soon. If i can find them they been MIA since the move 6 years ago.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”