This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1200 cadet w/44" mower deck

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

1200 cadet w/44" mower deck

Postby BigBill » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Well after purchasing my 1000 cadet i turned it into a 1200 with a 12hp AQS engine and i upgraded it with the disk brakes and the 1'' front spindles and rims these now use the int154 front wheel bearings. It did have a 1/2'' belt on the mule drive when i got it with the ih 44'' deck. It calls for a 3/8'' belt so i purchased a brand new belt for it from IH. For some reason the belt got chewed up and ruined in a very short time. I took a used 1/2'' belt and put it on but it won't stay on and it comes off all the time. The belt adjustment is all the way tight, shorter belt. Of course this one also chewed up too. I had one more used 1/2'' belt thats a tad longer. I got lucky finally the longer 1/2'' belt is holding up now ande i mowed two acres and it stayed on. The bigger 1/2'' belt width fits the pullies and now its working. Again the 44'' deck is awesome and its a very close cut to a reel mower cut, not exactly but close my lawn has a good crew cut now. But i grind my blades with a 4'' grinder to get a knife edge and then i file them even and sharper. If we take a little extra time in sharpening them they cut smoother. Bill

I'm sorry i didn't take before pics of this 1000 when i got it. The clutch was completely shot, the block thru a rod thru the side of it and the steering box had a lot of play in it too. I picked up a used but running 12hp kohler AQS engine (geared starter w/internal flywheel stator charging system) and i found the front 1'' spindles/rims, the rear disc brake calipers, axles, linkage plus a newer better looking steering wheel all on ebay. While my son was laid off at the time he did all the tear down and restoring. Now he is ready to rip into anything. But my point is this was the worst looking cadet i have ever seen. I can't believe they ran it with the clutch that bad still mowing when it thru a rod thru the block. What a beating these can take.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”