This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CC Front Tire.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15057
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub
68? CubCadet 104
69 Allis Chalmers B110
Bolens G14

CC Front Tire.

Postby 48 cub » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

The out side bearing in one of my CC 104's wrims was replaced before I bought it and with the old bearing went the bushing that held the bearing in. Is there any way that I can get a new bushing for it? If someone could let me know, thanks Ray.
48 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: CC Front Tire.

Postby Eugene » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Typically you have a rim and a bearing assembly. You need to buy a bearing assembly from Cub Cadet or Case IH dealers. Others sell the bearing assembly - but not up to the CC or Case/IH quality.

IH 384811-R91 should be the part number. But just in case, measure the spindle diameter and rim.

A lot of times, when the bearing quites the rim gets damaged. If the rim is damaged - replace.

If you are interested, Rudi should have the 105 parts and service manual on his server. I have several CC documents - but most are to long to e-mail. The 105 manual is 13.5 MB. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the parts manual. I also have the 102 parts and service manual. I can try to e-mail those manuals to you.

If my e-mail doesn't work. Get a hold of Rudi and have him load up the manuals for you.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:19 am

There is no bushing that holds the bearing in, the bearing is one piece (bearing, race, and housing) that is a press fit in the wheel hub. If it will not stay in the wheel hub, the hub opening is stretched (enlarged) and you need to replace the wheel, or you can try tapping (not hard) around the outer edge of the hub to see if you can close it up enough to hold the bearing in. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. You don't want to hit it hard enough to bend the metal, you are just trying to shrink the diameter of the hub opening enough to hold the bearing in. It needs to be a press fit for it to retain the bearing.

48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15057
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub
68? CubCadet 104
69 Allis Chalmers B110
Bolens G14

Postby 48 cub » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:44 pm

On my other wrim, there appears to be a pice of copper inside the outer part of the wrim were the bearing goes. This made me think that when the old bearing in my problem wrim took something with it. Also, I punched out of my problem wrim what I belive to be the back of an old bearing. This makes me think that maby that bearing went bad twice and maby got damaged wile the second bearing was in it. The first bearing was obviously not very loose if it left the back part stuck in the wrim. Can any one explain if this is possible?
48 Farmall Cub

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:08 pm

http://www.cngcoinc.com/pages/OemParts# ... 0011200018

Click on link above for a picture of a 104 CC rim and the two bearings.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Cub Cadet”