This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How much is too much?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: How much is too much?

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Rick:

Those slopes do not look too bad at all. I use my JD-L111 with turf's on the back side of the slope. The JD with the B&S twin does fine although the one thing I do not like is the turfs. Would much prefer the AG's but I won't go to those simply for the pond. The front side (pond side) of the hill I do not mow at all yet and will not until I can get a sickle bar mower either a 105 balanced head for my Cubs or similar for the CC, I prefer though my old Craftsman Gear Drive for doing the slopes. Even though it may be the least desirable, it has been the most dependable for me and I have mowed the slopes for years with it. It is the one rider that I have never worried about rolling over. The biggest problem with a Gear Drive for me has always been reverse... that is really scary. Both puker factor events I experienced were on that gear drive - one rolling backward into the pond and the second rear flip when loading on a trailer.

You should be able to handle your slopes with the 1200 but keep in mind it's limitations. If you can add the ag's that would be super and make it less prone to slip.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”