This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

109 cadet

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
48farmallcubteen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32766
eBay ID: coalburner4501
Skype Name: carshowsvideos
Tractors Owned: 1968 cub 105

05 zero tun cub cadet

109 cadet

Postby 48farmallcubteen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:56 pm

hi im looking to get my first cub cadet its a 1972 cub cadet 109 are these good tractors please can someone give me some input on this
ImageImage

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 109 cadet

Postby dgrapes59 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Thomas,

You are asking the wrong group, why yes, a Cub Cadet 109 is a good tractor, any old Cadet is good! :D

I am just learning about them and someone more knowledgeable will chime in I am sure. The 109 is in the first series of the “wide frame” which is a plus according to some people. They fall in the 1X8 / 1X9 series. It also has a hydro transmission, which is a bit advanced for my simple mind, many love them! At this time I preferred to keep things simple and stay with the gear transmissions, basically the same as in a Cub.

This becomes a personal preference that you have to decide what you want. They are well built machines but like Cub’s they require maintenance but parts are readily available. I suggest you do a little research and see what is available and what will meet your needs and make sure you keep that in mind and not settle for something that does not meet these needs. It may take a little looking and waiting but in the long run you will have a much better experience.

Good luck,
David

dhermesc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dhermesc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:33 am

I used to own a 109. It works well with a 42" deck, a 48 is a little to much for it. I prefer them over the quietline and the narrow frames because getting to and working on the engine is so much easier (the gas tank isn't mounted on the engine as it is on most narrow frames and it doesn't have all the tin work a quietline has). Their sprung seat is comfortable.
Freedom is for those that claim it.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

I believe you stated on the chat room that the asking price was $200-. Which would lead me to believe that there are some issues with it. In this area, central Missouri, CCs in working condition go for 2 to 3 times the asking price.

Is it worth the asking price? Good question. I occasionally buy junker narrow framed CCs for parts. If complete, $75- to $100- is my upper limit for a parts tractor.

If the tractor has issues - could get expensive - specially if you have little or no income.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Cub Cadet”