This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Glue for disc brake pads.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Glue for disc brake pads.

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm

I put disc brakes on my cc 70 about 1 1/2 years ago. I glued on the new brake material using the Satellite City Super T "hot stuff" instant glue. By now being stored outside in the rain and snow the pads are still on the brake backing plates so i figure the glue has passed the weather test. It bonds in 15 to 20 seconds but i c clamped them anyway and let them sit. Bill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Glue for disc brake pads.

Postby Steve Woods » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 am

Bill,
Where would I find that kind of glue?
Steve

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 am

You can also use Liquid Nails construction adhesive, amd it's much easier to find. I don't know how it would hold up sitting out in the weather the year around, but then I don't reccommend leaving a Cub Cadet out in the weather the year around, not if you want it to hold up. Leave one out in the weather without some kind of cover or protection, and it WILL get water in the transaxle.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:45 am

Steve, If you google Satellite City, their website will come up, it's http://www.caglue.com/

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Cub Cadet”