This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cadet trans & diff

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Cadet trans & diff

Postby jim turner » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 am

I bought a cadet tranny for the purpose of transfer the gears etc into a F Cub my question is how is a easy way to get the clips off of the axles so I can remove the axles, do you have to take the spider apart?
Jim Turner

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: Cadet trans & diff

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:03 pm

I haven't had the Cadet differential apart. No need to. But typically you need to remove the spider gears to remove the keys.

Not a difficult or time consuming task. Remove the bolt(s) holding the pinion shaft in place. Slide out the pinion shaft. Carefully keep the gears and any shims with the gears. Remove the keys.
I have an excuse. CRS.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jim turner » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks Eugene, I figured as much but just didn't want totake something apart unless necessary
Jim Turner

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Jim, if you mean the "C" clips on the Cub Cadet axles, rotate them around until you are looking at the "opening" in the clip, and push on both "legs" at once with a wide blade screw driver, stiff putty knife, etc., and the clip will normally pop off. Works for me.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

You have to flip the ring gear over anyway to put a Cadet transmission in a Cub. Otherwise you will have 3 speeds in reverse.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jim turner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks Paul I tried that and they just poped right off.

Ct Bob I am just useing the gears from the cadet case and going to put them in a LoBoy case the case are different the Cadet don't have enough holes in it to accomodate everything the LoBoy needs
Jim Turner

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Jim, I suggest you save the shims from the Cub case and use them when you install the Cadet gears. The gears and bearings are precision machined so the shims are more for the differences in the case. It may not be perfect, but it is a better place to start, in my opinion.

Return to “Cub Cadet”