This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It's time for it to go to a new home

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rggiuliani
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54208

It's time for it to go to a new home

Postby rggiuliani » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 am

Looking for a little guidance... (money that is)
I have a working (use it for snow removal and general lawn work (w/ exception of mowing Have had compact to do that job for years.)
Cub Cadet 782 tractor with the following accessories… Currently set up for blowing snow / all in good condition
Dozer Blade
2 Mower decks – both are in good condition
50” deck and 44” Deck / 2 undercarriages (these are identical)
2 x 42” snow blowers (1 is parts) / 2 working gearboxes

All the equipment is OEM and have wonder if the best way to sell is / piecemeal or as a total. The tractor runs well and has the first engine with 1 rebuild and a new carb a couple years ago. What is a good start point?
Ron Giuliani
48 Cub / and minature too...
83 Cub Cadet 782
2002 Case DX 29
All RED in a Green World

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: It's time for it to go to a new home

Postby Eugene » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 am

My opinion, everything in one package. That way it's gone. Selling separately and you wind up with implements and pieces you may not easily be able to get rid of.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ida Red » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 pm

The bottom line is always how many dollars....?
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Advertise it in craigslist with a higher than fair price(cause they think it is fun to beat you down on your price, even if it is good) indicate that you will separate.

Once the tractor is sold with whatever the buyer wants, put the rest of the items on ebay. the plows and blowers may not move right away, but the mower stuff will.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 am

A package deal, a running tractor with three attachments plus some parts i would ask $1,200 if she looks and runs awesome. I wouldn't go to $1,000 then $750 rock bottom. Anything less then i would part it out. Its $250 per attachment seperate and $500 for the tractor with 1 mower. Don't let them beat you down so fast. Make them walk and the'll think it over and be back.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

rggiuliani
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54208

Postby rggiuliani » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Whith the condition and number of attachments I was thinking $1500 was my bottom.
Ron Giuliani

48 Cub / and minature too...

83 Cub Cadet 782

2002 Case DX 29

All RED in a Green World

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:33 pm

rggiuliani wrote:Whith the condition and number of attachments I was thinking $1500 was my bottom.

Remember, the economy stinks, money is hard to get. It may not be that the value is not there, just that it may be real hard for someone to justify that much cash.

Thats why I sy sell the buyer whatever he wants if you like his offer, then sell the rest individually. Someone will be able to buy a mower deck to keep their's going, but can't invest in a new machine.

Meet their needs and it will sell.

Return to “Cub Cadet”