This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 rebuild VIII

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

127 rebuild VIII

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 pm

I know this is taking longer than most guys would, but this is the first time I've ever refurbished anything, I have three boys and I play ice hockey. Here is what I have to do to finish the tractor: Install the engine and hook up the wire harness to it. Put the fenders and hood on. Repaint the wheels. I think that's it. Tonight I touched up a couple areas, ran the wire harness, wired the dash and the headlights, installed the helper spring and ran the choke cable. If all goes well, I'll be mowing soon. One question: Does the motor ground go to one of the starter/generator bracket bolts?

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Tue May 17, 2005 10:45 pm

S.H.A.F.T.

Yes you can ground the battery to one of the starter bolts.
I think it does a better job of starting when grounded to the starter than grounded to the frame.
Is one cub ever enough ?

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed May 18, 2005 7:32 pm

I agree with Lonny on the ground. If you ground to yhe frame you should also run a ground wire from an engine bolt to the frame which is on nice shiny metal.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”