Brinley plow.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I know nothing about garden tractor implements. But, the fella I got my last cub from included this Brinley plow in the deal.

I have no use for it, or even know what it is called. Could Y'all educate me on what I have and what it is worth? :big afro:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Brinley plow.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 pm

I think it's called a sleeve hitch. Should work on any garden tractor so equiped. CC, JD, Wheel horse etc. Some of the Cadet guys can tell us what works.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Dale, here's a photo of my Brinley plow on my boy's cadet 102. works well..... -AL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 pm

It's a Brinly sleeve hitch plow.
It might have a Sears badge on the main frame on the inside that would have a number on it as well.
It's like what I'm looking for if it's a 12 inch bottom on it.
The 12 inchers are harder to find and therefore worth more.
If it's an 8 or 10 inch bottom; up here it would bring anywhere from $50-$150 depending on condition. That one doesn't have the coulter (or atleast you don't have it in the picture) that detracts as well.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks guys.

OK, I use disc plows, and I know the cubs plows are the 12".

How/where do I measure this one?

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:06 pm

OH, inside the beam there is a sticker that says Brinley in big letters. hard to see if it says anything else.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Measured from land side at right angle to end of share, I think.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 pm

On a single bottom plow you can measure from the face of the landside to the rear tip of the share making sure you are measuring straight out from the landside at 90 degrees.
What Danovercash said.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:32 pm

This is how you measure a plow:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks Dale! The picture sure does make understanding how to measure a whole heck of a lot easier than all the yap-yap/yak how-to!

John

Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 am

Brinely plows have been built since about 1840 along with a variety of other small equipment. Google Brinley Plows and you will get a complete history. Ida Red

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:41 pm