more cub cadets than I could count

Sat May 21, 2005 7:36 am

The cub cadet must be Quite the collector's item these days . I just returned from Portland IN. Tha Tri State Tractor club Swap meet and I would be willing to bet there must have been @ 100 Cub cadets for sale in various conditions. So I would guess from what I saw the price of the Cub Cadets must be on the rise. Just my observation. Steve

Sat May 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Hey Steve...All the early lawn & garden tractors like the Cub Cadet "Original" and the John Deere 110's & 112's have jumped in value now that they are 40+ years old. :D The Kohler 7, 8 & 10 h.p. tractors are worth more than the Tecumpsaw models. This is probably only going to escalate as the years go by :shock: ...Soooo, get on the band wagon and make sure you get some :D ! I'm now restoring my former John Deere 112 (1971 built) that I gave to my stepson (he left it out in the NH weather for 8 years without even a tarp over it!!!!) :evil: . The tires were flat...but that old 10 h.p. Kohler started right up with just FRESH gas and a NEW sparkplug and the points cleaned and re-gapped! I would guess that THAT'S another reason why these old, well-built L&G tractors are so sought after...NOW, if only George Willer & I could get that old and highly sought after! 8) !!!

Sat May 21, 2005 6:06 pm

I just returned from Portland, and yes there were lot's of Cub Cadets, and other brands, but actually the price of them is coming down compared to a couple of years ago, although there are still people that really don't know anything about them but have one or two (or pieces) to sell that think they are gold. I sold 3 Cub Cadets and some parts, but then had to buy 3 more to take their place. :lol: They were still coming in when I left about noon. I saw more Farmall Cubs for sale this year than in the past, but some of the asking prices may have needed some attention from what I saw.

Sun May 22, 2005 7:51 am

Paul did you see George Willer there. He was up on the back section near the group of late model JD tractors? I also saw alot of 110-112 JD equipment. It appeared to me that the garden tractors out numbered the larger tractors. Steve

Sun May 22, 2005 2:21 pm

I saw someone drive by in a golf cart, that I thought was him.