This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

38" mower deck question

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pharmerphil3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06468
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub
1961 Cub
1963 Cub
1964 Cub Cadet 70
1969 Cub Cadet 125
100 Spreader
144 Cultivator
3 Field Cultivator
22 Sickle Mower
193 Plow
54-Plow
59 Wood's Mower
2030 John Deere
Circle of Safety: Y

38" mower deck question

Postby pharmerphil3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:03 pm

The 38 inch deck on my Cub Cadet 70 did not sound right when in use this weekend. A close inspection revealed a slight wobble in the center pulley. We removed the deck, and the center pulley revealing a break in the key way located on the spindle. I cannot locate a parts manual for this deck, it is needed so I can remove the spindle properly, and locate the correct part. Any help locating a online manual or diagram would be appreciated.

Thanks, :D
Phil

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 38" mower deck question

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Remove blade. Remove the 3 nuts holding the spindle to deck. Spindle should then pull out of deck.

To disassemble the spindle, you first need to remove the pulley. Then it will fall apart.

Try Carter and Gruenewald or other on line parts suppliers for an exploded view of your deck and spindles.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Cub Cadet”