cub cadet 107

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:58 pm

I just bought my first cadet it is hydro static with mower deck. runs well and cuts for 300. this was a spur of the moment deal any thoughts.

Re: cub cadet 107

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Thoughts?? Better make room for more.... :wink:

The 107 is in the last series of the "Narrow Frames".... which are my favorite! I am not big on hydros (yet) but that will start a debate among Cub Cadet Folks as big as what oil is best! Good machines, readily available parts and easy to work on, biggest drawback is they are addictive (but I guess you knew that by calling it your "first"....)!

It sounds like you got a nice deal, best of luck with it,

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm

I also like the narrow framed Cub Cadets. Own a couple of hydros. Best part is that the hydros are great lawn mower tractors. OH! the even better part, wife likes to mow the lawn using the hydros. She will mow the lawn with one of the hydros but not one with a manual transmission.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:53 am

Thanks for replies. I am busy right now and will not be able to get into the machine for about a month. Will have to research year and info about them. Figure the best place to start is here. Will want to find manual etc.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:08 am

Sounds like a really good buy. You've probably already looked at tractor data, but here is a link:
http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/2/3/238-cub-cadet-107.html

Have fun with it.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Well I guess they are addicting bought a cc-36 snowblower and another 107. Try to get blower mounted on one before next storm.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:10 pm

You'll love the hydro with the snow blower. The 36 is a perfect size for the 107. I had a 149 with the 42" snow blower and it was a BEAST!!! However, it needed the 14hp engine between the hydro and the 42" cutting width.

I've had a bunch of Cub Cadets, at least one from nearly every design change. The narrow frames are real machines, however, they do have some limitations, one being the lack of a tunnel access cover to adjust the hydro linkage. It's worth the trouble to get the linkage set just right, otherwise it will always be creeping when in neutral. Unfortunately, with the narrow frames, the only way is to jack up the rear end, start the tractor, then lay underneath while reaching up into the frame and adjusting the linkage. The wide frame cadets with the removable tunnel cover really addressed this potentially "hazardous" operation.

Welcome to the multiple cub club!