This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New 1250 problem and update

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

New 1250 problem and update

Postby baldwindiesel » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Okay: I got the 1250 Hydro to crank over and started for a few seconds. If I have the choke all the way open, throttle on fast, and the carb dripping it will start and run for a few seconds and then die. If I repeat that process I get the same result, I must have a CARB problem. There is a area of discolored paint right below the carb bowl, apparently, this has been an issue for a very long time.
I took the carb bowl off, it was clean. What else should I do ?

Baldwindiesel

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New 1250 problem and update

Postby dgrapes59 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

I would soak and thoroughly clean the carb and rebuild it, a cheap way to rule out the carb as the culprit. Just like the "big" Cub's you need fuel and spark, make sure you have adequate fuel flow. Looking at PartsTree.com I don't see a filter, if one has been added make sure it is clean, the right kind (gravity feed) and installed properly (right direction). If there is not a filter then likely something is in the carb causing a restricted flow, cleaning and blowing out should address that.

Good luck,
David

Return to “Cub Cadet”