Cub Cadet 5252

Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:09 pm

So my father is going to buy a Cub Cadet 5252 to replace our smaller CC. These are the later non-IH Cadets. It has 300 hours on it and it was only used to mowing. We are getting it for $2700. Owner is the second owner and he thought he was going to buy a larger plot of land to use it, but it fell through and this tractor is too big for his 1/2 acre lot. Hes just looking to clear up space in his shed.

I took a look at it, drove it and got a feel for it. I think its an awesome little tractor. 3 pt and PTO plus 60inch mower. We are planning to get the snowblower for it.

Like I said, I think its a good buy, but my general question is, what do you guys think? I've heard that some people have issues with the 5000 series and some people absolutely love them.

Re: Cub Cadet 5252

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:48 pm

That's not a bad little tractor, and that's a great price. The tractor was nearly $10k new, but they were a bit over priced. The 25hp Kohler is a good engine and used in a LOT of equipment, and known to run for well over 2000 hours without issues. I have heard that the driveline was a bit weak, but I think a lot of folks tried to run front loaders and do a lot of ground engaging work with these and the tractor is just a little light for that kind of work. I think it would be a solid platform for general lawn mowing and snow removal. I agree, it's definitely a good buy!