This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cadet 102 Dead In It's Tracks

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Cadet 102 Dead In It's Tracks

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:12 pm

I was mowing today with my '66 Cadet 102 when all of a sudden, it stopped moving. :shock: The Kohler runs fine and I can shift through all the gears, but the clutch feels strange. Is there a pin that has sheared where the clutch shaft meets the input shaft of the trans :?: I am certain I can fix it, I just need a little direction and/or a starting point. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:02 pm

There are 4 spirol pins that could have sheared - one for each of the two pressure plates, located on either side of the clutch disc, one that connects the driveshaft to the rear coupler, and one that connects the coupler to the input shaft. Check the two rear ones first, and they can be a bear to drive out because on a narrow frame tractor like the 102, it has to be done from under the tractor. You need to support the shaft/coupler when you drive the pin out. If a pin is broken, it should be replaced with another spirol pin ( a coiled spring pin, not a roll pin), and not a bolt or solid pin. A bolt or other device will soon wear/elongate the pin holes, the spriol pin will not. It could also be the input shaft is broken/sheared. If it is not one of those four pins, then let me know what you find and we will go from there. I can bring a manual to Cub-Arama for you to look at if you want, unless you need it before then. If so, maybe I can scan part of the manual and email it to you, once you find the problem.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks for all the good info Eugene and Paul. 8) I will use it to pinpoint the problem and report back. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Cub Cadet”