Creative exhaust?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sdurnal
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Creative exhaust?

Postby sdurnal » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 am

Anyone have a solution (reasonable) for the replacement of the big-bucks muffler on a quiet line? All my shrouding is long gone, due to vibration. I've made some brackets to hold the OEM muffler, but now the opposite end has failed. Would rather use off-the shelf items, but the exhaust still needs to go out the front if possible. I have the option of the flange or the threads at the port. Thoughts? Thanks.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Creative exhaust?

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Don't know. The exhaust port on my 10 and 12 hp Kohlers is on the left front of the engine. Several engines have the original muffler missing.

Pipe thread black iron pipe. Close nipple, elbow, another nipple, pipe thread lock nut or two, and one of the inexpensive standard mufflers hanging on the auto parts store wall. Good thing about this set up is that the pipe lasts for ever. Muffler, easy inexpensive replacement.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Creative exhaust?

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:32 pm

I changed two used mufflers on mine this season. I'm so disgusted fixing the same thing over and over I ordered a new heavy duty muffler for it from cc specialties. If this new one cracks a custom pipe one is next. I'm about at my limit now. I purchased a box of military surplus generator mufflers they maybe next.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”