Front wheels-tires

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Front wheels-tires

Postby sdurnal » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 am

In case anyone wanted to know, the rims from a JD have wider bearing spacing and won't fit the Cadet spindles. (or at least won't fit mine) I had that suspicion, and only wanted the tires anyhow. (craigslist nearby) The JD rims have a different bead arrangement as well, making it necessary to use a press to get the tires dismounted. The Cadet style rims are much easier to mount/dismount with normal tools.. (even old rusty rims like mine..) I put tubes in them, to ensure they would hold air.. FWIW

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Front wheels-tires

Postby BigBill » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Are you trying to replace your front rims?

I been setting up a few cub cadets with the 1" spindles that use the larger wheel bearings from the int154 loboy. These are similair to the standard cc rims just bigger bearings. I haven't tried to see if the five lug spindles from the 154 fit the 1" cc spindles. Then I can run the wider 5 lug rims with the five groove front tires. With the larger front tires one must be careful the tires don't hit the mower deck. I use my 70 cub cadet for pulling my trailer.
I have gone to the 8" rim three rib tires on my cc100 with the creeper n tiller. Now it tracks and steers better with the three rib tires in the soft soil when tilling.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.