This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"Mark forums read" link

FarmallCub.Com forum rules, suggestions, feedback & information.
boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

"Mark forums read" link

Postby boldpsi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:22 am

when i hit the "mark forums read" link, it simply logs me out... instead of marking the forums and letting me stay! :tears:

is this right?
dave "just trying to help" holgate
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: "Mark forums read" link

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am

No, it's not right but I don't know why it's happening. (I know - lotta help that is) :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Bigdog is right, that is not the way it's supposed to work. What's your operating system, browser & version?

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby boldpsi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:35 am

Dennis,
i'm using Windows XP Pro, Firefox 3.0. i'll try with IE and report back in a few minutes...
thanks!
dave
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby boldpsi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:45 am

in IE 6.0.2900.2180, it also does not "work" - i assume that after clicking "View new posts", and then reading some, or not, i could click "Mark forums read" and then (assuming no one posted in the next few seconds) go to "View new posts" and see none.

is that right? in that case, it seems to be failing. i think it fails for the same feature within each forum, too.

i just wanted to make sure you had an exciting retirement (read: "busy life helping all these Cub-fanatic knuckleheads!"), Dennis :roll:
thanks!
dave
boldpsi@windstream.net

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 pm

boldpsi wrote:in IE 6.0.2900.2180, it also does not "work" - i assume that after clicking "View new posts", and then reading some, or not, i could click "Mark forums read" and then (assuming no one posted in the next few seconds) go to "View new posts" and see none.

is that right? in that case, it seems to be failing. i think it fails for the same feature within each forum, too.

That is they way it works on mine if I stay on the site and click view new posts after marking them read also Dave. It does, remove the colored icon at the beginning of each post showing it has been flagged as read. If I come back later (hour or so) and click view new posts, only new ones show up then. Without digging into the code, I'm assuming it is based on the current session when your on the site.

i just wanted to make sure you had an exciting retirement (read: "busy life helping all these Cub-fanatic knuckleheads!"), Dennis :roll:
thanks!
dave

No problem, I love tractors, computers, and the people that operate them :)

One other question, does the mark forum read still log you out?

Dennis

Return to “Forum Rules, Suggestions, Feedback & Information”