This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gardens For 2018 Season

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Gardens For 2018 Season

Postby SONNY » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:05 pm

We give the harvest to the mission and a church to hand out or use in their kitchens. Also give anyone who wants veggies some. Plenty to go around. This year we had sweet onions, potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, watermelons, green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, and some peanuts.
The main gardens are 4 acres, plus a big "window garden" , and a fair sized one by the shed. the other 2 acres have been planted into fruit trees.
It is full time job trying to take care of it. I am slow and getting around is hard, but I keep pushing myself, can't quit!
The onion plants for next year have been ordered and paid for. 33 bunches total, same as this year.
About Feb., I want to start some tomato plants indoors to have a few early ones and be able to stagger the planting time for longer season harvest. Will also plant sweet corn a few rows then wait then a few more,so it don't all get ready at the same time.
Good time to be thinking about next year gardens! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”