This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Unusual accident

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Unusual accident

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:47 pm

A cousin's husband was driving steel "T" posts with a hand driver (weighted pipe with handles type) when one of the posts shattered and the side split off the T, and went through his hand. It pierced it in the thick part at the base of his thumb, and broke the bone going to his thumb, but missed the rest of the bones in his hand. He has it in a cast, and due to infection is having to tkae shots everyday for two weeks. It's been 2 weeks now, and they won't know for a while how much the use of his hand and thumb will be impaired.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Ouch :!: :!: :!: That hurts just thinking about it.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Man! You just never know when something is going to happen!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:25 pm

John, when you read something like that, I bet each one of us can think of many hits and near misses we've encountered down through the years. I shudder at some of the things that have, or could have, happened to me down through the years. A couple of months ago I fell about 5 ft. and landed on my back. In my younger days I would have quickly jumped up to minimize my embarassment. This time, though, I just layed there for a few minutes to make sure everything was still together. Life changes everything.

Larry

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Larry, I have reached the point in life that when i fall down i look around to see what I need to do while I ma there, so i won't havee to get up twice. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:01 am

John, now that is making the best of a bad situation! :lol: Larry

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:23 am

John: I haven't heard that statement before but can relate to it. Within the last year, my knees feel like they are filled with a fluid and don't want to bend. Dan

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:29 am

Dan England wrote:John: I haven't heard that statement before but can relate to it. Within the last year, my knees feel like they are filled with a fluid and don't want to bend. Dan

My orthopedic Dr. says my left knee that gives me so much trouble is the better of the two. I can hardly wait for it to get worse like the other one. Welcome to the club! :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:34 am

Well, John and GW, you may have bad knees but each has retained an excellent sense of humor. That is good for you and good for all people whom you interact with. I get a little crabby sometimes when my joints are painful. However, Janie usually administers an attitude adjustment and I forget about my knee problem. Dan

FarmLadyWannaB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FarmLadyWannaB » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:48 am

My problem is my shoulders. I had to have rotator cuff surgery last year (maybe we should take a poll on THAT injury, which everybody my age seems to be having these days), and when I overdo the lifting & hand cultivating (especially movements like RAKING, which the doctor warned me about--be careful, folks) I get pains in both shoulders (and neck, and back, and forearms and.....).

I just don't have the "upper body strength" that I used to! :o :shock: Of course, that wasn't much to begin with at 115 lb. :!: :lol: As my doctor recently told me, "everybody's hurting." Well, I like that philosophical approach. :)

Jocelyn
1948 Farmall Cub ("Lil")
--------------------------
"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all."

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”