This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shallow Well Problems

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Shallow Well Problems

Postby moparado » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 am

My shallow well has trickled down to a little over a gpm. :(
A new pump didn't help. The soil here is sandy and this well produces excellent sweet water.
The problem with sinking a new well is the county no longer permits shallow wells these days. My neighbor has a deep well and the egg/iron water to go along with it. :x
I heard sometimes back flushing a shallow well with compressed air might unclog an old well head.

Anyone done this? Any down sides?
Appreciate any ideas or comments.

Ken

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:55 am

I don't know where you live, but most areas will no longer allow shallow wells due to them beign contaminated by groundwater. might be ahead to drill the deeo one and put in a water treatment sytem.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”