This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Barn

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:41 am

Richard:

Blessings to your and your boys.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that we need to see more of. I truly believe that when we get involved with our kids, we can solve much of the difficulties that lie in front of us.

You have described exactly the course I mean. What you and BH and your other son accomplished, is what so many father's only dream of being able to do with their sons and daughters. I know this because I am one of them.. my health barred us from being able to do all this stuff when they were a bit younger (especially the two older ones of mine), and I regret missing out on the with them as do they. :roll: :( .. but we are trying to catch up now :!: :wink: :D :D

My hat is off to you, I am truly happy for you and your family. What a wonderful gift..

PS... build as many barns as needed... this kind of therapy has no price tag.. ever :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:39 am

Hey Richard...You're havin' a real Father & Son's barn raisin...and I'm delighted to see that :!: :wink: Don't be bashful about postin' pictures as you go...We'd really like to see you & your boys in action :!: :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:04 am

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Richard...You're havin' a real Father & Son's barn raisin...and I'm delighted to see that :!: :wink: Don't be bashful about postin' pictures as you go...We'd really like to see you & your boys in action :!: :D
Country Elliott you are sure right. One of my son (grown) has Kanner Syndrome or Autism (see Rainman). When we were working on the horse barn the previous owner built he began calling us the Horse Barn Wrecking Crew (we removed a manager) . Now if you ask him, we are the Horse Barn Construction Crew and we are the best in the state of Nebraska. Just ask him. When we are finish I will do my best to post those pictures.

In building this barn I think I have come up with a way of raising end trusses and the walls. Somebody is sure to have done it before but an internet search says No. The method requires a special bracket. But if it works two men could raise the end trusses in relative safety. I am thinking of building another barn and trying out the method. If it works I will post another tread about it. If it don't so be it.

Richard
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”