This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Easy Dogs that will stick to your ribs

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Easy Dogs that will stick to your ribs

Postby BigBill » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Get one package of your favorite hotdogs, 1lb of bacon and some slices of your favorite cheese for each dog, (i use american cheese) and a large can of bush orginal baked beans and 9x9 pan or pyrex baking dish.

1. Open the beans and spread them evenly in the bottom of ther 9x9 pan.

2. Cut each dog down the center like a canoe without breaking out of the ends.

3. I put 2 slices of cheese together and cut 1/2" strips and stuff the dogs with the strips. You will have to cut one strip in half to fully stuff the dogs.
Don't skimp on the cheese the extra cheese melts into the baked beans and with the bacon flavor the cheesey beans will taste awesome too.

4. Wrap each dog with a slice of bacon and place on top of the beans on the pan with the cheese up. Wrap the bacon like the red on the barbers pole. (screw pattern) The cheese has to be on the top side so it will remain in the dog and some will runout and thats ok it flavors the beans even better.

5. I bake it at 375 degrees until the bacon on the top is cooked. I would say about 25 to 35 minutes depending on your oven and how it cooks. My propane oven at my camp cooks faster.

This is a heavy meal that is easy to make and will stick to your ribs after a log day of hard work. I make this at the hunting camp too. Once you try this you may make a larger dish next time. The simplest things can taste so great enjoy.
Last edited by BigBill on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:09 pm

Sounds good, but where does the loaf of bread come into play?

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:18 pm

You must use it to wipe the sauce from your face Paul! Sounds like a real man's meal!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:27 pm

BigDog, I thought maybe it was for soppin', cause it appears you would need to :lol: . I'm going to have to try this one.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:04 pm

The bread is for sopping and optional. Its a great easy meal that tastes great trust me. Even when the cheese flows over into the beans it even tastes better.

This is one of my favorite hunting camp meals and i have a few more to post too enjoy. There's nothing like being in the mountain air in the wilds with good friends and great food = goodtimes to remember!!!!
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”