This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Getting water from remote well

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Getting water from remote well

Postby Russell F » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:54 pm

Anyone have any ideas on pumping from a remote well?

I have a remote well i would like to use for occasional irrigation or stock watering on some acreage down the road. No electricity, i thought about building a jet pump for the cub or big tractor but thought i'd ask yall before i did anything. Well is 50' with water at 25-30'. I was a good well till it was abandoned 10 years ago.

Any ideas?? With the water that deep it would have to be a jet pump, or submersable of some sort.

I would also like whatever i used to be semi-portable so i could store it when no longer needed or freezing weather, if it is tractor powered i would like it to be detachable so i could leave it there primed and take the tractor to the shed...

Thanks for any ideas...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Many of the old jet pumps used to come with a pulley so they could be belt driven in case of power or motor failure. You mihgt check wiht osme of the local salvage/junk shops.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:29 pm

Submersible pump and generator set.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Eugene wrote:Submersible pump and generator set.

My thought too. Simplest installation and least troublesome. Put a pin hole above the pump so it will drain and you can just leave it... it won't freeze. Don't leave the gen set. 8)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 am

I have a set up on a dolly. A inverter, a couple of marine 12 volt batteries. and a cheap charger. If you only need power for an hour or so, this set up might work. I tote this dolly around the property with electric chain saw, power tools, etc. etc. and use it to jump start the tractors as well.

Richard
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:03 am

Use to have a really nice electric start generator set, until it got stolen. 120/240 volt 42 amps AC, 12 volt DC. Put it on a trailer and haul it to a work cite. 42 amps was enough to run a stick welder set on 150 amps.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:25 pm

You could also put in one of the older styly pump-jack heads and cylinder only instead of eletric motor,--pull it with tractor or small gas motor! thanks;sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”