This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fox in the hen house

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
beefishn
10+ Years
10+ Years

fox in hen house

Postby beefishn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:42 pm

dont know about foxs but a owl had killed 6 of my hens the owl died of a sudden inpack of lead poison
nothing sound better then a tractor, banjo and a rooster not in that order

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:25 pm

I started out using battery powered infered alarms. All that did was wake me at all hours all night long and I would have to go out and do some shootin. I finally wired the coop with about 30,000v and haven't seen a varmint since. Works great :) Get more sleep too!!

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:57 pm

I am sorry I did not read sooner. I have hunted and traped all sorts of animals up here in NY. Grey foxs will kill just for the kill and hide the carcases for later or for other animals to steel. Red foxs usally hunt to eat but they have been known to bury what they dont want till later.The best way for you to get that little guy is to get your self a tape recorder and grey fox pup distress tape.You can buy them online mine is denis kirk. you dont have to buy the exspencive player I made my own out of a old car cassett player and a motor cycle battery and a good size speaker. Dont be afraid of them alot of times when you play the tyape they will come running and run right in to you or your legs I have had to kick them before to get them at a distance to shoot. Do this at night with a spot light perferable with a red lens. And a shot gun. You start playing the tape they will come keep an eye out for them with the red lens light back and forth motion you will see there eyes when they come and when they get in to range give them heck. Just make sure its not a neighbors dog or cat checking out the noise of coarse.
MagMan

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”