This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Furnace help

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
1cubmaster
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: veg-farmer

Oil Furnace help

Postby 1cubmaster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:11 am

My tank went dry before the delivery truck arived. I now have fuel and I pushed the reset button and bled the air out of lines,went to restart it and must have been more air in lines,because it would not sart. Now my reset button will not reset? Any suggestions? I need to reset the reset button. Thanks Mike
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work! "
Thomas Edison

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Mike

When you run out of oil,and then the fuel truck fills it up.That riles all the dirt at the botom of the tank.If you have a filter on the fuel line I suggest you change that first. You may have a blockage somewhere.If I remember right you have to bleed the lines at the fuel pump. Only push the reset button once.If it does not work call a service man. 8) :) Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Mike,

If you're on an automatic delivery plan and they ran you out of oil, your oil company should be taking care of all this.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

1cubmaster
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: veg-farmer

Postby 1cubmaster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:32 pm

No Im not on auto delivery,just bought the place last Dec and would just call them when I needed fuel, also I did change the filter. I also pushed it more than once.!!!! :oops: before I read that part! Mike
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work! "

Thomas Edison

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Good advice on changing the filter, but you can open the trap door and see if you have fuel in the combustion chamber. if not, you have a fuel blockage or air in the line. if you have a bunch of fuel in the bottom you will have to empty it. I wrap a rag on a piece of wire and soak it out. Yep it takes time but beats the he** out of blowing pipes off (don't ask).If no fuel, pump maybe not primed, or nozzle plugged or filter blocked or line plugged. If fuel is entering the chamber and not lighting off, check the electrodes and see if theyre clean. Also there is a photoelectric cell that could be dirty (filmed over). It won't light if so. It should be mounted behind the transformer. DO NOT try to light it off if theres more than 1/2 inch of fuel in the combustion chamber. :shock: :shock: If your not sure what your doing call a service tech or take out good insurance before you mess with it. Grump
Forgot the most important thing, TURN the power OFF BEFORE you mess with the transformer. :roll: :roll:
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:06 pm

1cubmaster wrote:No Im not on auto delivery,just bought the place last Dec and would just call them when I needed fuel, also I did change the filter. I also pushed it more than once.!!!! :oops: before I read that part! Mike

Cubmaster , I bet youve got it started by now , but if not here is the answer to youre nostart problem........... On the newer style safty control if you press more than once it will go to lock out mode and not start, when in lock out all you need to do is hold the red restsrt button down and watch the red light it will change after about 30 seconds to either yellow or green then all you need to do is release the button and the the burner will try to start. If your control is a Honeywell just take out one of the control mounting screws and flip the control over and you will see the instructions for how to get the safty out of lock out mode. hope that helps I think you have a newer style Honeywell control and that is the method for it.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm

On burners out of oil, you need to crack the line on the high pressure side of the pump, pwarticularly if you have a buried tank. There is a screen on the nozle that can plug up. We just rinsed them in hot running water. The hole in the nozzle can be plugged too.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”