This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shake & Bake Pork Chop Problem

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Painless
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29356

Shake & Bake Pork Chop Problem

Postby Painless » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:17 am

I love shake & bake pork chops, but have had a problem with them for the past few years. In the past, the coating would get crispy, golden and delicious. Now the pork chops contain too much water. The coating never crisps up and is mushy. I have tried draining the pork chops on paper towels over night, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Have any of you noticed this problem? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks Scott

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:40 am

Scott, I haven't had much of a problem with the pork chops lately but different part of the country, different pork chops. What I recommend you try is, if you have a pan or baking dish that has a wire rack in the bottom to keep stuff up off the bottom, salt your pork chops on both sides and place them on the rack so that they can drain over night. The salt will pull the water out of the pork chops. Before you begin the shake and bake process, rinse the chops well and dry thoroughly with paper towels and see if this doesn't help..

Painless
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29356

Postby Painless » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Pete, Thanks for the tip. I'll try it next time and let you know if it works. It's interesting that people in other areas aren't having the problem.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”