This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Macro, our cat is in kitty heaven

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Macro, our cat is in kitty heaven

Postby freebird » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:45 am

Our loving cat, Macro, was laid to rest today. He'd been suffering from skin cancer for too long. He got it on his ears. I built him an absolutely beautiful coffin today; the lining was made of his favorite sleeping blankie. We laid his favorite toys, his favorite "Greenies" and catnip inside. The doctor placed him in the coffin with his head resting on his favorite pillow. We buried him in our pet cemetery. Macro is already greatly missed. Now he's in Kitty Heaven making new friends and he is in no pain. He had 17 long happy years with us.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:21 am

Terry - I am sorry to hear that! Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:15 am

Terry,

I feel for you. My family and I have laid to rest two of our pets since we have been together. It is never fun...

Remember the good times, as I am sure there were many!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:46 am

Terry:

We have had to give up on pets that can wander. I have never believed in the chaining of animals and having to have Spook on a long leash was painful enough... but cats never did like the leash either. We lost Black Paws and White Paws as well as Minette, Mineau and a host of others.... mostly to vehicular accidents that resulted in our little friends resembling road kill. Our last one that got hit managed to crawl into the field at my in-laws place.. we do not know how long she suffered. We looked for her for two days...

Our cemetery is a bit on the large side, and is home to many of our beloved 4 footed friends. We still haven't gotten over losing Spook yet.

Our hearts go out to you both on your loss.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 pm

I got my cat for christmas when i was 5 years old. Me and him have done a lot together. He is my best little buddy. I absolutely cannot stand the thought of him passing away anytime soon. I would curl up in a corner. So sorry to hear that. I hope the pain goes away soon. :cry:
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:29 pm

I understand well the feeling of loss. Your family has our sympathy.

We only bought this place in 1989 but our little pet cemetery has 7 doggie tombstones. I make them from marble with their names.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. We had a cat disappear about 1.5 yrs ago. Sometimes I still think maybe I'll see Big Ed come around again. We all miss him. Its hard to lose a beloved family pet.
Trent McPeak

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks everyone, my wife Rita aka Herbanjo thanks you as well. If the weather clears, I'll go take a photo. I made him a headstone and we also covered the site with cement pads and bricks. It looks nice.

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Here is a pic I took

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Terry, my thoughts to you and the family. Kim & I have never been able to have children, so our (Her) cat was our "Kitty Son" as she called him.

"Gizmo" our cat died at the ripe old age of 21 about 1 1/2 years ago. Kim's heart was broken and mine as well.

I think she is now ready to go and get another, perhaps a pair this time so that they can keep each other company.

Pet's are a great comfort to all of ous, I think they understand us more than people do at times.
Mike Duncan

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 am

Sorry for the loss. My Bother had a horse for around 20 yrs, and their golden retriever died 2 weeks later. Buried in the same. location on top of the horse. The only benifit was he was able to get the horse on his feet long enough to get him close to the hole, before the Vet put him down.
Amazing ,the amount of life experiences our pets see with us. My brother had Two wives leave him , but the horse was the constant. They have similar markers to your's and George's.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:48 am

sorry for your loss.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

wrhayes
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Macro, our cat is in kitty heaven

Postby wrhayes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Soory for the loss. After all pets are members of the family. They will always be in our hearts! GOD BLESS!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”