This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

goats

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby phildidit » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

i recently acquired two pygmy goats. they are fun, i feed them corn and alfalfa hay. they don't eat too much.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

The Bachelor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby The Bachelor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 am

I've got a bunch of them I run with my cattle. The truest saying I've heard about goats is "If your fence won't hold water, it won't hold a goat" :)
Brad Bachelor

"Loving an old bachelor is always a no-win situation, and you come to terms with that early on, or you go away.”
-- Jean Harris

Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

goats

Postby Kevin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi everyone
well was at a farm to pick out a few goats picked two pygmy and 1 pygmy/boar goat.
am trying to put up a fence got a ok deal on chainlink wanted to know what you all thought i am using steel pipe post mostly but 2 corners are right by a tree was thinking about getting the fence to the tree and taking a piece of pressure treated 2x4 and lag bolting to the tree from the inside of the fence so the goats couldn't push the fence out figured it would be very stong the trees are really big. just wondering what you guys thought
thanks
talk soon
Kevin
oh ya bringing home the goats in a week or two they are very young yet
Kevin's 49er

smigelski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08070
Tractors Owned: JD 4040
JD 301A
Ford 3910
Oliver 770
FCub 1947
Fcub 1952
Farmall 100

Postby smigelski » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:44 pm

I use tree's whenever possible, because I am cheap and poor. But I will tell you that it always causes me problems that I have to fix later. It also always cost more in the long run to fix the problem from the cheap way out.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”