This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lamb twinning...6 weeks apart

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Lamb twinning...6 weeks apart

Postby CapeCodCubs » Fri May 02, 2008 3:48 pm

[code][/code]

Strangest thing happened this morning. I went out to the barn to feed the sheep and lambs and lo and behold there was a tiny newborn lamb. My sheep usually lamb around St Patricks Day...it's like clock work. I can always count on a couple lambs on that day. Well they all lambed out. I lost one who tried to lamb two weeks early and I couldn't get the lamb out, she was having trouble and both lamb and mother died. Well this morning one of the ewes who lambed 6 weeks earlier had another.
Anyone ever heard of sheep or goats twinning out 6 weeks apart??? Pretty strange. We sheared them all last weekend and I wish I was a little easier on her had I known she had one more coming. My sheep here in Dartmouth are Cheviots and my shearer says he rather handle a buck deer than a Cheviot...they put up a good fight when they are getting their "haircuts".

CW

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”