This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I got drive by chicken

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
smigelski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08070
Tractors Owned: JD 4040
JD 301A
Ford 3910
Oliver 770
FCub 1947
Fcub 1952
Farmall 100

I got drive by chicken

Postby smigelski » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Since the last post where another NJ person did a drive by chickening. I am finding out this is a normal thing in new jersey. Me and my father fed the animals the other day, then went about raking and baleing hay. In the afternoon when we went to water the animals and toss some corn to the chickens there was an extra hen. we did a recount and an extra hen. So I I was the recipient of a drive by.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I got drive by chicken

Postby Dusty B » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:28 am

Supposedly some people near here had the same situation w/a horse!! Feed is expensive - no one knew where it came from!
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 pm

The problem with horses being turned out is is really getting bad in some areas. In SE Mo. there are now some herds of wild horses ftom people just turning them loose because they can't afford to feed them.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:31 am

smigelski wrote:Since the last post where another NJ person did a drive by chickening. I am finding out this is a normal thing in new jersey. Me and my father fed the animals the other day, then went about raking and baleing hay. In the afternoon when we went to water the animals and toss some corn to the chickens there was an extra hen. we did a recount and an extra hen. So I I was the recipient of a drive by.

Ski, it wasn't me! Honest! :lol: I ended up getting called back by my friend to help catch that rooster as it was crowing every 30 seconds around the clock and driving his neighbors nuts. They threatened to sign a complaint on him! :shock:
Oh no! What could I say? Had to take it back.

If you thought the drive by chickening was funny, you should have witnessed this fiasco. :roll:
Arriving in town we were greated by, well depending on your point of view, a possie, or a linch mob. About twenty neighbors had assembled to help catch the the offending rooster that was indeed crowing non-stop. We chased that bird through back yards, front yards, from one end of town to the other. In the end it was my daughter that caught him and do you know what? It wasn't the one I dropped off. :shock: :roll: :lol:
Well we took him home anyway taking a risk with his incesant crowing. We had an imeadiate full bore cock fight :shock: but after that its been great! he settled right in and knows his place. He could leave if he wants to, but stays for the hens. (we call him Don Juan)

He only crows once in while, is gentle with the hens and where we had a heck of a time catching this wild thing in town he's tame as can be now. We can walk over and just pick him up! A happy ending for sure.
Mike.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Postby rickguns » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am

I keep sitting out in the front yard waiting for someone to throw me a bucket of Kentucky Fried, hasn't happened yet and I'm getting hungry! :big give up:

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”