This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

deer hunting

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: huntingpal

deer hunting

Postby huntingpal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Any body do any good yet? Our bow season started the 1st of October and this eavening I finally got in the stand for the first time. Three mature does came in early and the landowner wants me to remove some so, only two left using there own power!!! One well placed shot and we got lots of good eating !!!!! She was even nice enough to run to the picked corn feild and expire so I could drive rite up to her to load :D
1948 cub
1959 cub
lots of implements

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Re: deer hunting

Postby spiveyman » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Our bow season started Aug 15. I went out once and got rained on :( . Guns started Sept 1,so I've been out a couple of times with my rifle and seen several. Had a nice shot on a nice doe last weekend, but was so tired I didnt feel like cleaning one. I still enjoyed watching the doves and squirrels though. :D :D
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Our bow season is on now till febuary.Time to get a move on.Kevin :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Joe Andover
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joe Andover » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Muzzleloader season opens shortly - Bow season has been Ok. Joe.

ih-cubcadet-man
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61957

Postby ih-cubcadet-man » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:45 pm

my 14 year old son "josh" shot a 100 lb doe saturday
1955 cub with fast hitch
1953 super c with fast hitch
1957 300 utility with fast hitch
1967 cub with fast hitch
and several ih cub cadets

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby spiveyman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Well I'm still kicking myself from this past weekend ! At the farm by myself - I come home from the store to start cooking my (venison, coincidentally :D ) chili. I look up from the sink as I'm washing my hands and not 15 feet in front of me out the window, a big doe was eating grass in the yard. Another one was off to the left at the edge of the swamp. So of course, the gun was in the truck :x . But I grab the bow in my room, sneak out onto the back porch, and slowly peak around the corner. I lined up on the doe next to the swamp ( about 25 yard shot). She stood and looked at me with puzzled. I swear, I released and the arrow just whizzed RIGHT past her ! Two feet to the right, and it would've been a textbook shot to the oil pump! I always seem to pull to the left. Still working on it...

That evening, I head to one of the stands. The biggest buck I've ever seen in my life walks out of the trees about 100 yards in front of me. I must've just barely missed, because there was fur everywhere where he stood like it had been plucked out :lol: The buck ran off and I took two more shots but he got away. No signs of blood, just fur. The dog tracked it but never found it. I am still sick over that . This coming weekend I hope will be better ! :-:-):
Andrew Spivey

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mr E » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Andrew, you don't have time for this foolishness. Get back to work on the planter. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Mr E wrote:Andrew, you don't have time for this foolishness. Get back to work on the planter. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Got a good laugh out of that one!! :lol: :lol:

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby spiveyman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:02 pm

:D :D Yes sir, I'm trying ! Dont get much time, but I'll get there eventually. On another note, I did get a medium sized three point this weekend. Not a pretty rack - thought he was a doe at first :lol: Got a couple of backstraps and about 40 cube steaks cut :D !! I'm happy. I'm having my aunt's cousin process the rest into jerky/ "snack sticks". The freezer was getting pretty low !! Ok play time's over. I'm getting back to work Mr Roy ! :{_}:
Andrew Spivey

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Finally getting some cool weather.Time to get crackin!!! Hope to get out this weekend coming up.Gun season coming up quick.Wooo Hooo!!! Still been seeing lots of does in the back yard.Kevin :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 am

I tagged out this week with a 7 and a 6 pt bow kills.
I work so others can get out to gun hunt this week.
I'll slip out a couple times between Christmas, and New Years bow hunting again when they calm down a bit.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: huntingpal

Postby huntingpal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:42 am

I killed a doe with bow back in early October then yestarday killed another one with the muzzelloader. No good bucks seen yet.
1948 cub
1959 cub
lots of implements

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Shot a doe for the freezer Saturday PM with my T/C pistol. Revenge for my pea crop.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Virginia Mike wrote:Shot a doe for the freezer Saturday PM with my T/C pistol. Revenge for my pea crop.

Be careful with those things Mike. My boss was walking across the yard a while back and found out with the hammer back it will go off if you try to brake it down. Should have never had the hammer back at that time anyway....
I didn't know until time to go home that evening it had put a hole through all 4 panels of my truck bed...
Just kept getting bigger each time it passed through....Dang, those thing are fun to play with but they sure are loud... LOL
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:31 am

e
Yogie wrote:
Virginia Mike wrote:Shot a doe for the freezer Saturday PM with my T/C pistol. Revenge for my pea crop.

Be careful with those things Mike. My boss was walking across the yard a while back and found out with the hammer back it will go off if you try to brake it down. Should have never had the hammer back at that time anyway....
I didn't know until time to go home that evening it had put a hole through all 4 panels of my truck bed...
Just kept getting bigger each time it passed through....Dang, those thing are fun to play with but they sure are loud... LOL

Yogie,
Your boss needs to take his T/C to a gunsmith or return it to T/C under the lifetime warranty. None of my Encores will open with the hammer cocked. The old style Contender will not open with the hammer cocked, the easy-open frame will open, and the hammer will fall, but the hammer should not strike the firing pin.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”