This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mink!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Mink!

Postby SONNY » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:18 pm

So far I haven't seen any more signs of the beady-eyed varmints around the chicken shed, so I hope it was the only one sneaking up here from the river for now, but I am sure that there more down there!! ---they just havent found their way up here yet!! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:26 pm

No minks,---but we got THESE!!!!

YA!!!---SKUNKS!!!--- both were in the traps this morning when I went out!----Talk about a job getting them out due to the smell!!---they were trying to get into the chicken shed looking for breakfast!!---each good trap had one in it and the third trap is still set,---3 of the traps don't work, I need to do some bending and more cleaning on them! thanks; sonny

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Yep. Skunks like poultry, too. Especially eggs. Skunks are somewhat related to mink, weasels, fishers and badgers.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”