This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

looking for jerky recipes

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

looking for jerky recipes

Postby grunt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:47 am

We just filed one of our two freezers with a half of cow we bought. I plan to make some of this in to jerky since I eat a lot of it to help subsidize my protein intake since I am a gym rat. I usually use the high mountain jerky mix from bass pro’s to make my jerky in the dehydrator but I would like to use a home made recipe and try to save some money. I figured I would throw this up here and see what sticks.

Thanks

Grunt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: looking for jerky recipes

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:16 am

I found the recipe
Last edited by Jeff Silvey on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 am

3-5 lb Rump Roast Have it sliced at the grocery store or your self. Tell them its for jerky.
3/4 c. Soy sauce
1/2 c . Wusheire sauce
2tsp. Season salt
1 tsp. Garlic pwder
2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/8 tsp. Red Pepper

* Leave in sauce overnight.
* Then put on trays.
* Leave on trays for 12-18 hours.
* Rotate trays 2-3 times.
In my line of work

" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Postby Billy Fussell » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 am

Grunt,

The recipe I use is one I came up with, I slice a rump roast into strips 1/4 to 3/8 inches thick. Take cookie sheets and cover with paper towels (to help soak up the moisture). Mix up terriki and worchehire sauce(sorry for the spelling) about 1/2 and 1/2. Lay out the strips on the covered cookie sheets, paint them with the sauce mixture, salt and pepper. I use coarse ground pepper. Turn the meat strips over and do the other side. Place the meat in the fridge over night. This will help dry the meat. The next day, i build as small a fire as I can in my smoker so as to keep the temp low. Not over 125 or so degrees. Don't want to cook it. Place the meat in the smoker for about 4 hours. I use about a handful of charcoal and small pieces of hickory for the fire. Will have to keep the fire going cause it will burn up quickly by it not being too large. Keep check on the meat and after about 4 hours, sample a piece. Might need to leave it a bit longer if the meat is a little thick which won't hurt a thing, or if you like more smoke in the meat. It is good stuff.

Billy

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Postby grunt » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:07 am

Awsome this has given me some good Ideas. i look forward to trying them :big afro:

IllPayForIt C.H.B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby IllPayForIt C.H.B » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

when I make jerkey i use 'bulgogi beef' which is already thin cut, thin to the point you can rip it with your hands! I place it in a bowl with a bottle of beer I use zaratrains crab boil in the marinade add some salt pepper and red pepper to it. now keep in mind her I cook by pure sight and smell. mix u the marinade and taste it to adjust flavor prior to dehydrating via your dehydrator or oven. I also let mine marinade for three to four days.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”