This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fire them up!!..Lets see them der stoves!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
canamscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Fire them up!!..Lets see them der stoves!

Postby canamscott » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I just put in one of Vermont Castings other children, Encore. It heats fine. It takes almost two hours from a cold start to make heat for our 1500 square feet.

Formerly we were using an antique replica Queen Cook Stove from Enterprise Fawcett. It is great for an old house restoration or occassional cooking, but not as an every day heat source. So we have put it up for sale.

Scott

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Ours is a US Stove Company HotBlast with two squirrel cage blowers on the rear. The stove is set up with a thermostat/hot plate design that tells the blowers when to cut on. It is attached to the plenum box in our duct system for our house which allows for constant heat when the stove has fire in it. We normally burn regular firewood however the stove will accomodate coal, and wood pellets. When the blowers kick on it delivers heat throughout the entire house just like our natural gas furnace does. Nice and toasty. The temperature outside is 45 degrees and in here right now is 75 degrees. Occasionally the heat from the stove causes the fan in the natural gas system to kick on to disperse the heat as well. I do not think I would ever need to have the floor vent holes that everyone speaks of and do not think I would ever do that because of the smoke that might creep through the floor to the upstairs since a little smoke does and could escape when loading the stove. It heats the garage which in turn heats the floor under our bedrooms at that end of the house. It easily heats approximately 2500 sq ft. Very good investment. Sorry about the uneven pic. Just snapped it while downstairs
stove (Small).jpg
Last edited by Miss Farmall on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Postby grunt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Miss Farmall wrote: The temperature outside is 45 degrees and in here right now is 75 degrees.

:tears: :censored: :tears:

45 degrees.. It was negative 8 when I came in to work today and that is whith out wind chill.

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 pm

sorry grunt! come on down and get warm!
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Postby rickguns » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Grunt, that is a beauty!

Ronny Bailey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
eBay ID: ronnyb.east.texas
Tractors Owned: 1938 Farmall F-20
Grandpa's '49 Cub #82289
194x Gibson Model D
1953 Allis Chalmers CA

Postby Ronny Bailey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 am

phildidit wrote:i have a high valley stove that i put in my house when i built it 6 years ago.

I checked their website, and they look really nice.
With the big window in the door, they kind of remind me of an old console TV.
When I was a kid I asked Grandma what they used to watch before TV. She said the fireplace! :)
Ronny
“If it ain’t broke, I haven’t 'fixed' it yet”

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”