This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SPCA

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

SPCA

Postby daddydip » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm

lady came by the place yesterday. says that someone filed a complaint about my dogs collar "possibly being to tight". it's around 200' from the road to where my dog is located. i asked her how anyone could possibly see that from that distance? she responded she was wondering the same thing. i took her down showed her jack,warning her not to get to close,because i had just given him his treat and he gets a little aggressive.she commented on what a fine looking animal he is, i took her and showed her bags of eukakanuba eats, cans of meat, treats and what have you. i waited until today to post this because this really gets under my skin,when these a :censored: holes make these kinda allegations. i believe in looking after the animals but these bleeding hearts take this stuff to a level that appears perverted. who spends $35,000 building a barn ,putting up fence ,buying all the stuff you need to keep everything running smooth to want to choke their dog out.the dogs a friend as well as an investment. i was actually in the barn finishing up from feeding when she showed up and the wife told her she couldn't come on the property unless i was there. her response was that she could see a few violations from where she was,and that she could get a warrant to come on the property. sheeesh where was all this going? got a little ahead of my self. anyway after a tour of the basement ,the barn and she saw the level of care that my animals receive she asked about my dogs license.(he stays on private property)which i guess i really don't have a problem with,and asked if she could send out an application for the 2009 license. this is my rant and i guess i just needed to talk my self down. i don't have any problem with the spca,but i do have a problem with people sticking their nose in my business by using a group of people who do have legitimate issues to deal with. sometimes i just don't know. :big smirk:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SPCA

Postby DanR » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:10 am

Sounds like she was casing your place for an armed robbery. I would take all that jewelry and put it in the dog house. Woof Woof
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:11 am

Let me add my .02 about the SPCA. Time was a person who didn't have a lot of money could go to the SPCA and get a dog or cat for their family. Now with all the fees and manditory vet visits, they might as well go to a pet store.
Rant mode off.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 am

Did she say she was with the SPCA? The threat of a warrant sure sounded like a bluff to me. Personally I would have called her bluff and not given her a tour.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:39 am

I know what you mean. Here in Bedford County you have to have a liscense for your dog. Don't matter what the situation. They are also going around doing random checks to make sure folks are complying. Kinda sneaky about it too. Strike up a conversation and casually ask what neighbors have dogs, then go check and fine ya $ 300.00 for no liscense. You don't have to let them on your property but if ya don't, they get a court order and find some way that you end up paying dearly for making them have to do extra work. :| :| :| Kinda takes the "fun" out of living in our freesociety. I would'nt want to live anywhere else though. I keep telling the wife " I'm gonna move outta this country and move to West Virginia" :{_}: :{_}: Relax WV folks. I used to live in the wild and wonderful and still have relatives there. :)
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

TaylorLambert
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub, YM3000 Yanmar, 1975 3550 Ford backhoe Case Skid steers, and a fence row BF Moline

Postby TaylorLambert » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:05 pm

We have the game warden here, They only check under fed animals and mistreated ones. Like my nieghbor across the road had 7 horses, and was so tight he would only feed them 2 coffe cans of feed a day and it was dumped on the grround like chicken feed. Ive never seen a horse east what they did, I had 2 bales of hay that I was gonna unrol on a bare spot. on the yard. Both were wet nearly to the core and had mushrooms growing in them . 2 horses broke the fence and came over in the yard and ate half the bale in 4 hours. I expected them to collic but they didnt. He asked about the other bale I gave them to him. Dad and I felt sorry for them and we disced and seed his pasture. Her fertilized it but instead of lettin it grow aout some he turned them out on it when it was 2 or 3 inches out and the turned 10 acres back to dust. He was a pretty well off fella to. He worked for the sheriffs dept and when they were called you got a BS answer He told the game warden later that 2 of the horses were from up north and that they didnt know how to graze. he sold them later that month.

smigelski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08070
Tractors Owned: JD 4040
JD 301A
Ford 3910
Oliver 770
FCub 1947
Fcub 1952
Farmall 100

Postby smigelski » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:54 pm

never liked the SPCA and never will. A useless organization with to much power. :oops: :?

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:15 pm

daddydip,
i have had the same problem but from another government organization. when these people came over to my place the first thing they said is that they received a complaint about something an asked to take a look around, and then I asked who complained, they said they couldnt tell me. i always respond by telling them no but i would be very willing to talk to thier manager after work hours about it. when the manager(s) come to my house after work hours i usually have a video camera with me and the conversation is normally pleasant. i always ask them who made the complaint and were they credible because i do not wish to be harrassed. I also asked the manager if the poeple that called in the complaint were willing to file a written complaint, he actually responded that he never asked the people for a written statement. these people usually do not do anything to protect the accused, it was very frustrating! i did manage to find out who made the complaint and got the problem resolved to my satisfaction. Did you find out who made the complaint? It may be worth your while just to make sure youre not being harrassed. people are nuts out there.
John

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:30 am

john i wonder if i can find out under the freedom of information act :?:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 pm

It doesn't pay to have thick skin these days. The first one to holler and whine about something is usually the one that comes out on top. More people need to mind their own business these days. And by mind their business, that doesn't just mean staying out of mine. Sad state of affairs. Hope that wing nut leaves you alone...
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 am

daddydip, its alot of work trying to use the freedom of information act. its actually much easier to file a harassment complaint against the person who came out to look at your place to try to get them to talk. in any case you need to weigh how much the intrusion is worth of your time.
john

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743

Postby DanR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 am

I'm glad a manager came out to talk. It tells me that he cares about both sides of the fence. Most times a little one on one conversation can be good preventative medicine.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Lance Leitzel wrote:Did she say she was with the SPCA? The threat of a warrant sure sounded like a bluff to me. Personally I would have called her bluff and not given her a tour.

ditto to that! there is no way I would have given her the tour, she would have worked for it, would have promptly showed her where to turn her car around. robbery casing does come to mind unless you checked her credentials and they were legit. since you are that far from the road it would have to be someone who was on your property, contractor, gas man, mail man maybe? just a thought. hopefully she will not be back again & it will be case closed.
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:05 pm

You never know what nuts are out there, probably someone who had nothing better to do than file a complaint with someone. Our neighborhood has a couple nuts who file complaints with the Homeowners Assn. on the most lame things, they really need to get a life!
David

knucklebuster
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71968

Postby knucklebuster » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 pm

man o man, you have every right to be hacked off. I'm afraid I would have made her come back with a warrant and the sheriff.
BILL

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”