This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Louisiana Green Velvet okra

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Louisiana Green Velvet okra

Postby Billy Fussell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Our feed stores around here have told me that thay are not going to be able to get Louisiana Green Velvet okra seed again this year. Does anybody have a source for these seeds? I only need about a tablespoon full.

Billy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Re: Louisiana Green Velvet okra

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 am

Billy,

I have some. Pm me your address and I'll be glad to send you some.

Anthony
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Billy Fussell » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 am

Anthony,

Thanks for the offer, but Gary Boutwell in Hammond, La. found me some. So I am good to go. I had always thought it was a hybrid so I never saved seed. Found out it is not, so I will save my seed from now on and will not be caught short any more. Thanks again for the offer.

Billy

Sunshine
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31543

Postby Sunshine » Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Where can I find some of htese seeds. We grew this one time and this was the best okra. We had plants over 16 ft tall and I thought we would find the seeds again and we have not had any since. I could actually touch this okra without breaking out so bad. most okra makes me bleed but this was great to deal with this type. and been looking for seeds since this time

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Billy Fussell » Sat May 21, 2011 10:28 am

Sunshine,

I looked all over around here for Green Velvet seed, but none was to be had. I had a crop failure last year, and was not able to save seed. I went with Emerald Green this year. It is similiar to Green Velvet, but not as tall. Makes the same kind of pod. Will be my first year to plant this, but it might be something to look at if you can't find Gren Velvet seed.

Billy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”